All neighbors are welcome to sit at our table.
A seat is waiting if you are hungry, or if you have a hunger to help our neighbors and make a difference in this community. We hope a good meal in a warm and welcoming environment will help to feed one’s soul. Come on in!
Good is in the hands that serve.
We cannot function without volunteers who give of their time and talent—the heart behind our mission. While we pray for volunteers to help bring good into the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus, all are welcome regardless of faith.
Togetherness will satisfy your appetite.
Our neighbors come together. Neighbors from across the street or across town. Those in need of help and those with help to give. All come together to enjoy a good meal and the pleasure of good company.
All may eat with love on the menu.
A meal is affordable for all at $6-$9. Pay what you can afford. Pay the full amount of the suggested price, or a little more to “pay it forward” and help to feed your neighbor. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment.
Community is the chef’s special of the day.
Say hello. Introduce yourself to those around you. Take time to get to know your neighbors and take part in the One Bistro commitment to eliminate hunger, grow relationships, and celebrate community.
Top it off with a “to go” of happiness.
With a core ingredient of love and a dash of friendship, our hope is that you’ll end the meal with a “to go” of happiness that follows you all the way home.
All menu prices are a “suggested price” as we embrace a “pay what you can afford” concept with the following payment options.
- Pay what you can afford. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price, plus a little extra to “pay it forward.” When you “pay it forward” by $6, you cover the cost of one meal for someone else to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is One Bistro?
A faith-based non-profit Biznistry® established for the betterment of our community. At our core is a place from which we strive to serve a healthy, affordable meal to our neighbors—those who have the ability to pay and those who under normal circumstances would not be able to eat out. As a Social Entrepreneurship, we exist to worship God and share His love. To help the hungry find a meal. To help the lost find hope. To help the addicted find support. To help the homeless find a sense of home. To help the mentally and physically impaired find acceptance as a valued volunteer. To help all find love and purpose. An investment in One Bistro is an investment in people.
How do I pay for a meal?
We recognize that times are tough and as such, have embraced a “pay what you can afford” concept. If unable to pay for a meal, you can give time in service as payment. If able to pay, a suggested price of $6-$9 will cover the cost of a meal. Any donations over the suggested price will “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
How do I volunteer?
Volunteers are the heart behind our mission! While we pray for volunteers to help bring good into the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus, all are welcome regardless of faith. Volunteers fall into two categories:
- Those who volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families.
- Those who volunteer to help as staff and assist in providing meals to those in need.
We encourage volunteers to sign up online in advance, although anyone may stop in during business hours to see if help is needed. We need volunteers to help any time between 10 a.m.–3 p.m. (Wednesday through Friday), 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. (Saturday), and 4:30 p.m.–8 p.m. (Wednesday evenings). Please visit our Volunteer page to find out more!
As a volunteer, what will I do?
Take orders. Wrap silverware. Set tables. Bus/Sanitize tables. Help clean. Restock items. Wash/Dry dishes. No matter your experience, there is a place for your gifts and talents.
How do I make a donation?
All donations to One Bistro are tax-deductible. As we are resourced by the gifts of people in our community, we hope you will offer support in these ways:
- Give online as a one-time or recurring gift:
- Make a check to One Bistro.
- Give electronically with One Bistro app from App Store or Google Play.
- Sponsor a Table for $250 per month for one year. Your name and/or organization is recognized on table signage and social media. See Manager for details.
- Sponsor a Community Meal for $250. Your name and/or organization is recognized on social media. See Manager for details.
- “Pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
- Kroger Community Rewards—select One Bistro and a percentage is donated.
- DLM Good Neighbor Program—select One Bistro and purchases will be credited.
- AmazonSmile Program—select One Bistro and 0.5% of your purchases are donated.
How do I obtain a copy of your Form 990?
The most current Form 990 Filing is available for download.
Does One Bistro offer catering services?
Yes! We have a for-profit catering business with services available for company luncheons, private parties, or other special events. Profits from our catering business support the café’s mission. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 937.736.2358.