All neighbors are welcome to sit at our table.
The door is open. A seat is waiting if you are hungry, or if you have a hunger to help our neighbors and make a difference in this community. We hope a good meal in a warm and welcoming environment will help to feed one’s soul. Come on in!
Good is in the hands that serve.
We cannot function without volunteers who give time and talents—the heart behind our mission. We continually pray for volunteers to help make good happen in the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus. All are welcome regardless of faith.
Togetherness will satisfy your appetite.
At one bistro, our neighbors come together. Neighbors from across the street or across town. New friends. Families. Those in need of help and those with help to give. All come together to enjoy a good meal and the pleasure of good company.
All may eat with love on the menu.
Our menu is affordable at $6–9 per meal. Pay what you can afford. Pay the full amount of the suggested price, or even a little more to “pay it forward” and help to feed your neighbor. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment for a meal.
Community is the chef’s special of the day.
Don’t be a stranger. Say hello. Introduce yourself to neighbors around you. Take time to get to know your neighbors and take part in the one bistro commitment to eliminate hunger, grow relationships, and celebrate community.
Top it off with a “to go” of happiness.
With a core ingredient of love and a dash of friendship, our hope is that you’ll end the meal with a “to go” of happiness—a happiness that follows you all the way home.
We embrace a “pay what you can afford” concept by offering a few payment options.
- Pay what you can afford. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price, plus a little extra to “pay it forward.”
- Give your time in service to “pay it forward” for your neighbor to enjoy a meal.
Give and Take. Pay it Forward. Support your Community.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is one bistro?
A non-profit Biznistry® established for the betterment of our community to serve the privileged and under-privileged. As a community café, individuals or families can enjoy a healthy, affordable meal in a warm and welcoming environment.
How do I pay for a meal?
We recognize that times are tough and as such, have embraced a “pay what you can afford” concept. If unable to pay for a meal, you can give time in service as payment. If able to pay, a suggested price of $6–$9 will cover the cost of a meal. Any donations over the suggested price will “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
Are reservations accepted?
Although not needed, reservations are accepted.
How do I volunteer?
We cannot function without volunteers who give time and talents—the heart behind our mission. We continually pray for volunteers to help make good happen in the community. Our volunteers fall into two categories:
- Those who volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families.
- Those who volunteer to help as staff and assist in providing meals to those in need.
one bistro benefits from the time, talent and special skills of volunteers. While we encourage volunteers to sign up online in advance, anyone may stop by during business hours to see if help is needed.
As a volunteer, what will I do?
Take orders. Wrap silverware. Set tables. Bus/Sanitize tables. Help clean. Restock items. Wash/Dry dishes. No matter your experience, there is a place for your gifts and talents.
How do I make a donation?
All donations to one bistro, a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are tax deductible (EIN #35-2435851). As we are resourced by the gifts of people in our community, we hope you will join our mission and offer support in these ways:
- Make an online donation as a one-time or recurring gift.
- Give electronically with one bistro app from App Store or Google Play.
- Make a check to one bistro.
- As a customer, “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
- As a Kroger shopper, go online to register your Kroger Plus Card, select one bistro as your charity, and a percentage of your purchase will be donated.
- As a DLM shopper, go online to complete the Good Neighbor Form to designate one bistro as the charity to which purchases will be credited.
- As an Amazon shopper, 0.5% of purchases are donated to a favorite charity through the AmazonSmile program—same products, same prices, same benefits as the Amazon you already know—while giving the opportunity to support one bistro!
Another way to offer support is as a paying customer to help offset the costs of those who volunteer for meals. We also ask you to spread the word to those who may be in need of our service. In doing so, you support the financial balance of this concept, provide fellowship, and help in bringing our community together.