All neighbors are welcome to sit at our table.
A seat is waiting if you are hungry, or if you have a hunger to help our neighbors and make a difference in this community. We hope a good meal in a warm and welcoming environment will help to feed one’s soul. Come on in!
Good is in the hands that serve.
We cannot function without volunteers who give time and talent—the heart behind our mission. We continually pray for volunteers to help make good happen in the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus. All are welcome regardless of faith.
Togetherness will satisfy your appetite.
Our neighbors come together. Neighbors from across the street or across town. Those in need of help and those with help to give. All come together to enjoy a good meal and the pleasure of good company.
All may eat with love on the menu.
A meal is affordable for all at $6-$9. Pay what you can afford. Pay the full amount of the suggested price, or a little more to “pay it forward” and help to feed your neighbor. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment.
Community is the chef’s special of the day.
Say hello. Introduce yourself to those around you. Take time to get to know your neighbors and take part in the one bistro commitment to eliminate hunger, grow relationships, and celebrate community.
Top it off with a “to go” of happiness.
With a core ingredient of love and a dash of friendship, our hope is that you’ll end the meal with a “to go” of happiness that follows you all the way home.
We embrace a “pay what you can afford” concept by offering a few payment options.
- Pay what you can afford. If unable to pay, give your time in service as payment.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price.
- Pay the full amount of the suggested price, plus a little extra to “pay it forward.”
Give and Take. Pay it Forward. Support your Community.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is one bistro?
A faith-based non-profit Biznistry® established for the betterment of our community. At our core is a place from which we strive to serve a healthy, affordable meal to our neighbors, both those who have the ability to pay and those who under normal circumstances would not be able to eat out. As a Social Entrepreneurship, we exist to help the hungry find a meal. To help the lost find hope. To help the addicted find support. To help the homeless find a sense of home with a family at one bistro. To help the mentally and physically impaired find meaning and acceptance as a valued volunteer. An investment in one bistro is an investment in people.
How do I pay for a meal?
We recognize that times are tough and as such, have embraced a “pay what you can afford” concept. If unable to pay for a meal, you can give time in service as payment. If able to pay, a suggested price of $6-$9 will cover the cost of a meal. Any donations over the suggested price will “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
How do I volunteer?
We cannot function without volunteers who give time and talent—the heart behind our mission. While we continually pray for volunteers to help make good happen in the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus, all are welcome regardless of faith. Our volunteers fall into two categories:
- Those who volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families.
- Those who volunteer to help as staff and assist in providing meals to those in need.
one bistro benefits from the time, talent and special skills of volunteers. While we encourage volunteers to sign up online in advance, anyone may stop by during business hours to see if help is needed. We need Daily Volunteers to help any time between 10 a.m.–3 p.m. from Wednesday through Saturday as well as Community Meal Volunteers from 4–8 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
As a volunteer, what will I do?
Take orders. Wrap silverware. Set tables. Bus/Sanitize tables. Help clean. Restock items. Wash/Dry dishes. No matter your experience, there is a place for your gifts and talents.
How do I make a donation?
All donations to one bistro, a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are tax-deductible (EIN #35-2435851). As we are resourced by the gifts of people in our community, we hope you will join our mission and offer support in these ways:
- Make check to one bistro.
- Give online as a one-time or recurring gift.
- Give electronically with one bistro app from App Store or Google Play.
- Become a Table Sponsor with a monthly commitment of $250 for one year. Or, become a Community Meal Sponsor for $250 per quarter or $1000 per year. Your name and/or organization will be recognized on table signage and social media. See Manager for details.
- As a paying customer, “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
- Register your Kroger Plus Card, select one bistro as your charity, and a percentage of your purchase will be donated.
- Complete the online DLM Good Neighbor Form to select one bistro as the charity to which purchases will be credited.
- Through the AmazonSmile program, 0.5% of purchases are donated to a favorite charity—same products, prices, and benefits as Amazon—with the opportunity to support one bistro!
Another way to offer support is as a paying customer to help offset the costs of those who volunteer for meals. We also ask you to spread the word to those who may be in need of our service. In doing so, you support the financial balance of this concept, provide fellowship, and help in bringing our community together. We appreciate your support and generosity!
How do I obtain a copy of your Form 990?
The most current version of the Form 990 Filing is available for download.