Frequently Asked Questions
What is One Bistro?
A faith-based non-profit Biznistry® established for the betterment of our community. At our core is a place from which we strive to serve a healthy, affordable meal to our neighbors—those who have the ability to pay and those who under normal circumstances would not be able to eat out. As a Social Entrepreneurship, we exist to worship God and share His love. To help the hungry find a meal. To help the lost find hope. To help the addicted find support. To help the homeless find a sense of home. To help the mentally and physically impaired find acceptance as a valued volunteer. To help all find love and purpose. An investment in One Bistro is an investment in people.
What is Food Insecurity?
Hunger refers to a personal, physical sensation of discomfort, while food insecurity refers to a lack of available financial resources for food at the household level.
How do I pay for a meal?
We recognize that times are tough and as such, have embraced a “pay what you can afford” concept. If unable to pay for a meal, you can give time in service as payment. If able to pay, a suggested price of $6-$9 will cover the cost of a meal. Any donations over the suggested price will “pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
How do I volunteer?
Volunteers are the heart behind our mission! While we pray for volunteers to help bring good into the community by being the hands and feet of Jesus, all are welcome regardless of faith. Volunteers fall into two categories:
- Those who volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families.
- Those who volunteer to help as staff and assist in providing meals to those in need.
We encourage volunteers to sign up online in advance, although anyone may stop in during business hours to see if help is needed. We need volunteers to help any time between 10 a.m.–3 p.m. (Wednesday through Friday), 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. (Saturday), and 4:30 p.m.–8 p.m. (Wednesday evenings). Please visit our Volunteer page to find out more!
As a volunteer, what will I do?
Take orders. Wrap silverware. Set tables. Bus/Sanitize tables. Help clean. Restock items. Wash/Dry dishes. No matter your experience, there is a place for your gifts and talents.
How do I make a donation?
All donations to One Bistro are tax-deductible. As we are resourced by the gifts of people in our community, we hope you will offer support in these ways:
- Give online as a one-time or recurring gift:
- Make a check to One Bistro.
- Sponsor a Table for $250 per month for one year. Your name and/or organization is recognized on table signage and social media. See Manager for details.
- Sponsor a Community Meal for $250. Your name and/or organization is recognized on social media. See Manager for details.
- “Pay it forward” to help cover the cost of a neighbor’s meal.
- Kroger Community Rewards—select One Bistro and a percentage is donated.
- DLM Good Neighbor Program—select One Bistro and purchases will be credited.
- AmazonSmile Program—select One Bistro and 0.5% of your purchases are donated.